[Ebook] ➩ NOT A BOOK Author NOT A BOOK – Loanexpress.us

NOT A BOOK Part 1 Of 2 12 Lectures 30 Minutes Per Lecture, 2 DVD S Lecture 1 Introduction To AnatoliaLecture 2 First Civilizations In AnatoliaLecture 3 The Hittite EmpireLecture 4 Hattusas And Imperial Hittite CultureLecture 5 Origins Of Greek CivilizationLecture 6 The Legend Of TroyLecture 7 Iron Age Kingdoms Of Asia Minor Lecture 8 Emergence Of The PolisLecture 9 Ionia And Early Greek CivilizationLecture 10 The Persian ConquestLecture 11 Athenian Empire And Spartan HegemonyLecture 12 Alexander The Great And The DiadochoiPart 2 Of 2, 12 Lectures 30 Minutes Per Lecture, 2 DVD S Lecture 13 The Hellenization Of Asia MinorLecture 14 Rome Versus The Kings Of The EastLecture 15 Prosperity And Roman PatronageLecture 16 Gods And Sanctuaries Of Roman Asia MinorLecture 17 Jews And Early ChristiansLecture 18 From Rome To ByzantiumLecture 19 Constantinople, Queen Of CitiesLecture 20 The Byzantine Dark AgesLecture 21 Byzantine Cultural RevivalLecture 22 Crusaders And Seljuk TurksLecture 23 Muslim TransformationLecture 24 The Ottoman Empire

[Ebook] ➩ NOT A BOOK  Author NOT A BOOK – Loanexpress.us
  • Audio CD
  • NOT A BOOK
  • NOT A BOOK
  • 04 December 2018
  • 1565855760 Other Editions 2

10 thoughts on “[Ebook] ➩ NOT A BOOK Author NOT A BOOK – Loanexpress.us

This is really Professor Harl s bread and butter subject He knows the history of Asia Minor like he knows the back of his hand To have such a longitudinal perspective done in such a masterful way was an excellent learning experience I have never really understood much about how Asia Minor became Hellenized or Turkicized if that is a term and this work goes a long way towards explaining those, although resources on those are mostly archaeological, so it will always be hard for historians to This is really Professor Harl s bread and butter subject He knows the history of Asia Minor like he knows the back of his hand To have such a longitudinal perspective done in such a masterful way was an excellent learning experience I have never really understood much about how Asia Minor beca...

Audio download augmented with online maps and outside sources 24 30 minute lectures.This lecture series is the ninth series of eleven from the Harl Collection of lecturesdealing with not only the eastern Mediterranean, but the Viking, Roman, and Steppe Barbarians lecturesthat I have had the pleasure of hearing all have been audio with augmentation For those considering purchasing these lectures please understand that, unless you are very well versed in the geography of this part Audio download augmented with online maps and outside sources 24 30 minute lectures.This lecture series is the ninth series of eleven from the Harl Collection of lecturesdealing with not only the eastern Mediterranean, but the Viking, Roman, and Steppe Barbarians lecturesthat I have had the pleasure of hearing all have been audio with augmentation For those considering purchasing these lectures please understand that, unless you are very well versed in the geography of this part of the world and few are here in the US , you may be better served by the video versions, unless you have the luxury of pausing and checking things out on Google Earth and other sources In addition, there is a fair amount of repetition within the Harl repertoire, but that shouldn t surprise you since the history of this part of the world within this historic time frame is intricately interwoveneach lecture series reinforcing the otherseach series stressing a particular aspect that allows a b...

Even if you ve read the second half of Gibbon, there s much to learn from these lectures about an influential region Professor Harl s coverage of the Hittites was fascinating, though I would have likeddetail The lectures on the classical period were quite an eye opener I d known some of the details, but never quite added them up to realize ...

The lecturer does a really good job of making the material interesting and is obviously knowledgeable and enthusiastic about his subject The lectures cover civilizations in Turkey from the earliest known civilizations until the Ottoman era Since I d read quite a bit...

Kenneth Harl is my favorite His course on the Vikings was really interesting I think this ishis usual topic, but not so much mine It was all right A lot of information to cover and it goes fast I think I would have gottenout of it if I had readextensively in the subject BEFORE listening.

An interesting set of lectures Most of my classics courses were slightly farther west Greece and Rome so I didn t come into this knowing a lot about the civilizations of Asia Minor.Reinforced my opinions that the Crusades were a terrible thing on all sides, though.

Fantastic intro into Asian history.

The information is very interesting, but the narrating professor drives me bonkers with his nonstandard pronunciations and use of uh often multiple times in nearly every sentence.

Recommended by a friend whose future book recommendations I will implicitly trust.

Informative lectures with a good balance between generalities and specific incidents and facts, decently delivered.